PILN Bulletin, 30 March 2009
In this Bulletin:
1. International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights Follow-Up Conference, 6 April 2009;
2. Manager for new Public Interest Law project appointed;
3. Are Declarations of Incompatibility effective?
4. Speech delivered by former Chief Executive of the Equality Authority, 12 February 2009;
5. Courts Service gets it wrong;
6. Not essential to prove applicant was specifically targeted for eligibility for subsidiary protection on grounds of serious and individual threat to life;
7. Kenyan legal aid activists murdered;
8. Evicted Chagos Islanders not allowed to return home;
9. Sudanese president charged with war crimes while top Serbian officials found guilty;
10. Launch of The Single Protection Procedure – A Chance for Change, 31 March 2009;
11. Democracy, the Rule of Law and Human Rights public lecture, Queen’s University, 31 March 2009;
12. Transgender Human Rights Conference and Educational Seminar, 17-18 April 2009;
13. Marriage Matters for Lesbian and Gay People in Ireland: Social and Legal Perspectives – A National Symposium, 7 May 2009.