FLAC is currently recruiting for the role of:
Reporting to the Managing Solicitor
Legal Secretary (part-time 25 hours pw)
FLAC (Free Legal Advice Centres) is an independent legal and human rights organisation, which exists to promote equal access to justice. Our vision is of a society where everyone can access fair and accountable mechanisms to assert and vindicate their rights. FLAC is seeking to recruit a part time legal secretary to support its litigation practice and team of two solicitors.
- Provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to two solicitors.
- Transcribing dictation.
- Working within and maintaining and developing the case work database used by the Office.
- Filing, maintaining and updating paper files.
- Creating and amending documents and correspondence using various Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Opening new files, closing files and archiving and file management.
- Providing effective diary management e.g. making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining critical dates diary.
- Producing general correspondence and legal documents using digital dictation systems.
- Preparing court forms.
- Compiling Briefs for Counsel and Booklets for Court.
- Liaising with clients and counsel as necessary.
- Complying with FLAC’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time in connection with this position.
Salary is commensurate with experience
A CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 17th June FLAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please keep an eye on our social media platforms for news of any future opportunities.