FLAC are currently recruiting for the role of Information Line Officer
Information Line Officer
Reporting to the Legal Information Development Manager
FLAC is a human rights organisation which exists to promote equal access to justice. FLAC’s vision is of a society where everyone can access fair and accountable mechanisms to vindicate their rights.
FLAC Services to the Public
FLAC provides a range of services to the public including a Telephone Information and Referral Line where callers are provided with basic legal information. In 2020 FLAC assisted 12,468 individuals though its Information Line.
The FLAC clinics have been temporarily suspended due to government restrictions. FLAC also recently established phone legal advice clinics to the public. The Telephone Information Line is inundated with callers during Covid-19.
Overall responsibilities of the role
The overall responsibilities of the role are to provide Legal Information on the Telephone Information and Referral Line, in the areas of Employment Law, Family Law, General Litigation and Probate Law which typically arise and to develop information resources on Family Law and Employment Law which frequently arise on the Information Line.
- Providing Legal Information of the Telephone Information and Referral Line
- Lead on legal information provision on the Information Line
- Provide legal information in Employment Law, Family Law, General Litigation, Landlord and Tenant and/or Probate Law
- Provide a quality service is provided to callers to the information line
- Provide callers with an appointment to a phone legal advice clinic where appropriate
- Refer callers to relevant organisations including the Legal Aid Board
- Information Resources Development
- Develop frequently asked questions and resources in the area of Family Law or Employment Law
- Maintain accurate records on Salesforce
- Compile reports of activity as requested
- Comply with FLAC’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
Any other duties as reasonably may be required from time to time in connection with this post
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree
- A professional qualification as a Barrister or Solicitor, qualified to practice in Ireland
- Experience of providing legal information/advice
- Experience of providing legal information in the areas of Employment Law, Family Law, General Litigation, Landlord and Tenant and/or Probate Law
- Experience of working on a helpline/advice line
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills with competency in competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This position is offered on a fixed-term contract for 6 months.
HOURS OF WORK
The hours of work for this role will be 35 hours, from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Part time hours of work will be considered and working from home will be facilitated.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will reflect the responsibilities of the role.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , setting out how you meet the criteria for this position on or before Friday the 22nd October 2021.
Please keep an eye on our social media platforms for news of any future opportunities.