FLAC is a human rights organisation which exists to promote equal access to justice for all. Our vision is of a society where everyone can access fair and accountable mechanisms to vindicate their rights. Our work to achieve our mission and vision will be guided by the following core values:
- Co-operation: FLAC will work with other organisations to better achieve our goals and objectives.
- Equality and non-discrimination: FLAC is committed to respect for others and to the elimination of discrimination in all its forms.
- Independence: FLAC is an independent organisation. Our governance, programmes and policies will be non-partisan and independent.
- Respect for universal human rights principles: FLAC seeks to advance international and national standards that promote human rights and recognises that human rights are fundamental to everyone and permeate all areas of law.
- Social responsibility: FLAC has a sense of social responsibility which inspires the organisation to work with and support those in need.
- Valuing staff: FLAC respects the individual skills and abilities of staff and interns and promotes good work practices. We value staff excellence, accountability and creativity and support their professional development.
- Volunteers : FLAC values its volunteers and acknowledges that they are a core component in building a society which provides equal access to justice.
- Working with integrity: In carrying out its goals and objectives, FLAC aims to conduct its work with integrity, high standards and professionalism.