PILN Bulletin 21 April 2008
Please note that this information is dated as of a specified time and may not be legally valid.
PILN Bulletin 28 April 2008
In this Bulletin:
- High Court rules that lesbian couple with a child enjoy family rights.
- The applications for postgraduate programmes in human rights in Queen’s University Belfast are now open.
- One day conference on Justice and Borders at Irish Royal Academy.
- UCC Postgraduate Conference on Criminal Justice and Human rights.
- Pulling the plug on a criminal investigation into alleged corruption held unconstitutional by the UK High court.
- UK Court of Appeal applies Saadi v Italy and prevents deportation to Libya.
- IPRT announces seminar on the theme of “Prisoners, Adjudication and Legal Representation".
- The Launch of the Law Reform Committee's “Enforcement of Environmental Law: The case for reform” programme.
- US Supreme Court holds that death by lethal injection is constitutional.
- The Law Society holding annual lecture on Human Rights on 7 May 2008.